Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Homemade Taco Seasoning

Every time I used to use a recipe that called for taco seasoning I would grumble. I don't buy that because it almost always has MSG in it. I would just add a little cumin and chili powder and be a little dissatisfied with the recipe. Not anymore. Now I have a taco seasoning recipe that I am very happy with so I thought I would share it.

Taco Seasoning

Place in blender or food processor:

¼ C. Flour
2 T. Chili powder

¼ C. Onion powder (I use onion flakes)
2 t. Garlic powder
2 t. Salt (I use less)
4 t. Paprika

½ t. Cayenne pepper (more if your family likes things HOT)
2 t. Cumin (I use more because I love cumin)
2 t. Oregano

Blend until mixed and powdery.

Store in airtight container. Three tablespoons equals one packet of commercial taco seasoning.

2 comments:

Flannery said...

Just the other day I was using a packet of taco seasoning and wishing that I knew how to make it myself!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for recipe. We had Tacos for dinner tonight using your recipe. It was highly delicious.