Friday, March 16, 2007

More Grocery Bargains

I was at Kroger this evening to pick up some pita bread. (I haven't been able to find pitas anywhere else, and I am just not up to trying to make them from scratch.) Since the pitas were near the produce I decided to see if there were any good deals to be had.

Were there ever. I was able to get more than seven pounds of organic bananas for 0.99 total. They were on the ripe side, but definitely not over ripe. That was a much better price than the non-organic bananas which were lime green.

Next, I noticed that all the berries were marked $2 a carton. (This may not be a good price where you live, but it is here.) When I inspected them, fully expecting them to be over ripe and slightly slimy, I saw some of the most beautiful berries outside of Whole Foods I have ever seen. I was able to get fresh blueberries, raspberries and blackberries for a great price. Normally I only look at the berries with longing, but today I was able to bring home a healthy treat for my family.

No comments: