Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Garlic Bread with a Kick

My family loves garlic bread. I usually mix a couple cloves with some softened butter, split a small loaf of sourdough bread lengthwise, spread the butter and then sprinkle a little bit of paprika. Then I wrap it in foil, and bake it for 15 minutes at 425 or 450.

This time I was in a hurry, but thought I had done everything properly. However, when it came time to eat it, my son refused because he said it was too spicy. After I tasted it, I realized that I added cayenne instead of paprika! I liked it and would do it again, except that I don't want to be the only person to eat it.

2 comments:

Mrs. Bear said...

The other day as I was making cinnamon toast, I accidentally grabbed the chili powder instead of the cinnamon, and I thought of this post. :-)

Stacy said...

That sounds yummy. But I would also be the only one eating it.