Thursday, May 25, 2006

Plato's Kitchen

For several months now I have been wanting to begin a food and cooking blog. The Internet has been a great resource for broadening my recipe collection and sometimes they are so good that I want to share them with others. Also, there are times when I find an article or blog post to be interesting or helpful and think others will benefit from them as well.

As for the title, I debated on whether I should name it after Plato. On one hand, the Platonic recipe is the best recipe, but on the other, Plato criticized "cookery" in the Gorgias because he considered it a skill harmful to one's health. I opted for the former because I hope that most of my recipes will be nourishing rather than harmful, as well as tasty enough to be a worthy contender for the Platonic forms. (Don't worry: that doesn't mean that I won't include a dessert every now and then!)

No comments: